Mintel is a global leader in providing consumer market research, competitive intelligence tools and customized consulting solutions to large organizations. With group headquarters in London and US headquarters in Chicago, Mintel has been a market leader for over forty years.
Mintel seeks an experienced market research professional to manage our Canadian Analyst team. The Research Manager is responsible for overseeing the publication of 40 market research reports a year, as well as managing a team of sector specialists The Research Manager works with Mintels management team in order to continuously improve our product offering. The role will also involve presenting to high-level clients, dealing with client queries, and handling press and media inquiries.
This position is based in Canada and will work closely with our Research teams in the US, UK, Brazil and China in order to share knowledge and best practices.
• Build and oversee a small team of Analysts, ensuring that Mintels reports are focused, of a consistently high quality, and are produced in a timely manner.
• Work with internal Statisticians, Consumer Research team and external data providers to develop market data and insightful consumer research.
• Produce compelling reports that include both a consumer and market perspective.
• Provide critical thinking, insight and forward looking analysis that impact Mintels clients.
• Work collaboratively with our Sales and Marketing teams.
• Respond to client requests and build relationships with clients, both to increase engagement and to ensure that we continue to develop our product offering in line with our customers needs.
• Provide insights directly to clients around key trends and product activity, in-person, via phone and through webinars.
• Act as a Mintel spokesperson for relevant reports with media, trade and industry partners.
• Bachelors Degree required: advanced degree preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in a research, marketing, branding or consulting role.
• In depth understanding of the Canadian consumer and the ability to translate this into actionable recommendations.
• Canadian industry experience preferred, either in food and drink or consumer finance.
• Experience managing a team employing excellent coaching skills with the ability to engage a team in the future of the organization.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment, in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures.
• Proven intellectual and problem solving skills to really get to the heart of the critical business issues.
• Exceptional communication skills, written and oral.
• Demonstrated presentation skills for large audiences and individual clients.
• High level of organization and scheduling abilities.